1 lb ground beef
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup organic yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp butter
8 oz cremini mushrooms
1/3 cup water
1 1/4 cups sour cream at room temperature
rounded 1/4 tsp paprika
1 tsp lemon juice
8 oz egg noodles
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil in prep for the egg noodles.
- Brown grand beef, drain excess fat from pan & remove meat to a bowl
- Reduce heat to medium low & saute onions until soft. Add minced garlic and cook another minute. Transfer onions & garlic to meat bowl.
- Put egg noodles into boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Add butter to saute pan and increase heat to medium high. Once the butter has melted, add sliced mushrooms & saute until browned.
- Add the water to the mushrooms & deglaze the pan, making sure to scrape up any browned bits. Let water reduce by half.
- Remove pan from heat; mix in sour cream & paprika until smooth. Return pan to heat and simmer, stir until well blended, making sure sour cream doesn't boil.
- Stir in lemon juice, salt & pepper and mix well.
- Add meat & onions to sourcream mixture and continue cooking until heated through.