Chocolate Cherry Brownies
From Cooking Light
3/4 oz. flour (about 3/4 cup)
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cherry preserves
1/3 cup water
5 tablespoons butter
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 large egg white
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a kinfe. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a large bowl, stir with a whisk.
- Combine cherry preserves, water, and butter in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add preserves mixture to flour mix and stir well.
- Add egg and egg white; stir until smooth.
- Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan, and bake at 350 for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool in pan on wire rack; garnish with powdered sugar, if desired.