Chicken and Tarragon (or Basil) Pesto Pasta
From Working Mother
This is one of our oft-repeated favorites. We have yet to find a large bunch of tarragon so haven't tried it that way. It's fantastic with the basil!
10 oz (3 cups) dried penne pasta
1/2 cup olive oil
10 ounces sliced cooked chicken breast
1/4 cup pine nuts
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 large bunch fresh tarragon or basil, leaves stripped from stems
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic
4 ounces (1 large bunch) arugula or other leafy greens
- Cook pasta, drain & rinse under cold water, drain again thoroughly. Transfer to large bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of the oil. Add chicken and toss again.
- Toast pine nuts in dry skill ed over medium heat until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Place toasted nuts, parmesan, tarragon or basil, lemon zest and juice, garlice, and remaining 1/4 cup oil. Process until smooth.
- Add pesto to pasta and chicken, season with salt & pepper to taste and toss well.
- Eat now, or refrigerate up to 5 days. Serve warm or chilled, on top of arugula.