2 lbs. chicken breast
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. capers, drained
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
8 thin slices lemon for garnish
- Bone and skin chicken breasts. Cut each into pieces so each piece is 2 to 3 inches square.
- Place between sheets of plastic wrap. With flat side of mallet, pound to about 1/4 inch thickness and double the diameter. Coat on all sides with flour.
- Heat oil and butter in heavy skillet. Add chicken. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Brown quickly on both sides, cooking about 1 minute in all, sufficient time to cook meat through. Remove onto warm platter.
- Pour off excess fat. Add wine vinegar, capers and lemon juice to pan. Heat to a boil, scraping bottom of pan.
- When about 4 tablespoons liquid remains, pour it over chicken on platter. Sprinkle with parsley and garnish with lemon slices.